Mokon's Minitherm® circulating water temperature control system is designed to surpass today's safety standards, while providing accurate control of your process temperature. The Minitherm's compact package fits into tight spaces reducing floor space requirements and is ideal for small tonnage molding machine and lab applications.
The Minitherm is available in 9 GPM pumping capacity and heating capacities of 2 or 4 kW, for operation up to 250°F (121°C). Each Mokon Minitherm is equipped with a non-proprietary microprocessor-based PID controller to ensure accurate control, a horizontally mounted inline cast brass heater manifold for faster heat up and cool down providing high energy efficiency, and non-ferrous piping and components that do not rust or contaminate water.
All Minitherm systems come standard with a cULus 508A labeled electrical sub-panel. All of these features and more, combined with our extended warranty, make the Minitherm an easy choice for delivering precise and accurate temperature control.
- Single zone configurations
- Compact, portable design
- Cast iron centrifugal pump with stainless steel impeller
- Horizontally mounted inline cast brass heating manifold with copper heating elements
- Small hold-up volume and energy-efficient heater design
- 1/16 DIN non-proprietary microprocessor-based controller in easily accessible panel
- Low pressure safety shut-off switch
- Fluid high temperature safety shut-off switch
- Pressure relief valve
- Solenoid cooling valve
- Automatic air purge
- Cast brass fluid connections securely mounted to cabinet
- Suction and discharge pressure gauges
- Removable panel for easy access to heater
- Heavy-duty removable casters for portability
- Power cord
- Powder-coated finish
- cULus 508A labeled electrical subpanel
- Extended warranty:
- 3 years on system
- 5 years on microprocessor controller and safeties
- Lifetime on seals, piping and manifold
The Mokon Minitherm is an economical circulating water temperature control system for your small tonnage molding machine, prototype and lab applications. Although small in size, the Mokon Minitherm is big in accuracy and reliability, like all of our Mokon systems!
- Alarms – audible and visual
- Control options – remote setpoint and re-transmission, communication ports
- Cool down/automatic shut off via time delay relay
- Emergency “crash” cooling control
- Heat remover design
- Other voltages, phases, frequencies
- Pressure regulator
- Process line fluid purge via air connection
- Remote start/stop and control panels
- Solid state contactors/relays and SCR
- Stacking racks
- UL, CSA, and CE certifications
- Valve process bypass
Please consult factory for more information.
Features of Standard and Optional Controls
A variety of controls are available from Mokon to enhance the high performance of our systems. From solid state to microprocessor based, with communication capabilities to PLC type controls, Mokon can provide the type of control package right for your process.
Eurotherm 3216 Series
The Eurotherm 1/16 DIN (3216) microprocessor controller is operator friendly and easy-to-use. Standard features include a microprocessor PID controller for the highest accuracy in temperature control, a dual LCD display that shows set point and actual fluid temperature, and scrolling text messages that deliver plain language messages to let users know exactly what is happening to the process. There are optional 1/8 or 1/4 DIN controllers available, with high/low deviation alarm, remote set point and retransmission and serial communication. A five-year warranty comes standard with the controller.
Mokon's ability to meet customers' specific requirements is seen not only in custom system designs, but also in controls. Our engineers can custom design a control package that meets your specific processing needs, from brand name controls, to direct computer/host machine interfacing. All of which can be expected with the same quality and durability that our customers expect from our complete line of temperature control systems.
|Model||Pump||Flow Rate & Pressure||Heating Capacity (kW)||Total Amps 230V, 3PH||Total Amps 460V, 3PH||Process Connection||Supply/Drain Connection||Approximate Dimensions
(L x W x H)
|MT||½ Hp||9 GPM up
to 15 PSI
|2||9||6||½″ NPT||½″ NPT||18″ x 13 ½″ x 15¼″||80 lbs|
|MT||½ Hp||9 GPM up
to 15 PSI
|4||16||9||½″ NPT||½″ NPT||18″ x 13 ½″ x 15¼″||80 lbs|
Note: Other kW capacities and voltages are available. Please contact Mokon for more information.