Mokon's Hydrotherm circulating water temperature control system is engineered to improve accuracy, reliability of operation and increase output. The Hydrotherm has the highest quality components and construction materials in the industry with non-ferrous and stainless steel piping and connections, which do not rust or contaminate water.
The Hydrotherm surpasses all competitive systems by providing stainless steel as the main component for wetted surfaces. Where many of our competitors supply carbon steel and cast iron systems, only Mokon provides the Hydrotherm with stainless steel components including a stainless steel pump, housing, impeller, heater canister and pump suction manifold.
All Hydrotherm systems come standard with a cULus 508A labeled electrical sub-panel. All of these features and more, combined with our extended warranty, make the Hydrotherm an easy choice for delivering precise and accurate temperature control.
- Single zone configurations
- Compact, portable design
- Stainless steel pump, composite impeller and silicon-carbide seal
- Horizontal stainless steel heater canister with unique turbulent flow diverter
- Small hold-up volume and energy-efficient heater design
- 1/16 DIN non-proprietary microprocessor-based controller in easily accessible panel
- Low pressure safety shut-off switch
- Fluid high temperature safety shut-off switch
- Pressure relief valve
- Solenoid cooling valve
- Automatic air purge
- Suction and discharge pressure gauges
- Removable panel for easy access to heater
- Heavy-duty removable casters for portability
- Powder-coated finish
- cULus 508A labeled electrical subpanel
- Extended warranty:
- 3 years on system
- 5 years on microprocessor controller and safeties
- Lifetime on seals, piping and canister
- Unique stainless steel heating canister design: (shown below)
The Hydrotherm design features an advanced heating canister with stainless steel diverter, which generates a forced flow path over the heating elements for higher velocity and maximum turbulence - increasing heat transfer to improve efficiency and reduce scale build-up that can cause heater burn-out. This unique design provides customers unmatched control efficiency and accuracy, less down time, and lower operating costs.
- Alarms – audible and visual
- Closed loop circuitry
- Common supply and drain connections
- Control options – remote setpoint and re-transmission,communication ports
- Cool down/automatic shut off via time delay relay
- Cooling or chiller circuits
- Door disconnect switch
- Emergency “crash” cooling control
- Heat exchangers
- Heat remover design
- High/low heater operation (manual or automatic)
- Magnetic drive pumps
- Modulating valves
- Other voltages, phases, frequencies
- Overhead piping kits
- Power cord
- Pressure regulator
- Process line fluid purge via air connection
- Redundant heater contactor
- Remote start/stop and control panels
- Solid state contactors/relays and SCR
- Stacking racks
- Stainless steel cabinets, fluid circuits and components
- TEFC motor
- UL, CSA, CE and EAC certifications
- Valve process bypass
Please consult factory for more information.
Features of Standard and Optional Controls
A variety of controls are available from Mokon to enhance the high performance of our systems. From solid state to microprocessor based, with communication capabilities to PLC type controls, Mokon can provide the type of control package right for your process.
Eurotherm 3216 Series
The Eurotherm 1/16 DIN (3216) microprocessor controller is operator friendly and easy-to-use. Standard features include a microprocessor PID controller for the highest accuracy in temperature control, a dual LCD display that shows set point and actual fluid temperature, and scrolling text messages that deliver plain language messages to let users know exactly what is happening to the process. There are optional 1/8 or 1/4 DIN controllers available, with high/low deviation alarm, remote set point and retransmission and serial communication. A five-year warranty comes standard with the controller.
Eurotherm 3216 Spec Sheet Eurotherm 3200 Series Manual
Mokon's ability to meet customers' specific requirements is seen not only in custom system designs, but also in controls. Our engineers can custom design a control package that meets your specific processing needs, from brand name controls, to direct computer/host machine interfacing. All of which can be expected with the same quality and durability that our customers expect from our complete line of temperature control systems.
|Model||Pump||Flow Rate & Pressure||Approximate Dimensions
(L x W x H)
3kW 6kW 9kW 12kW
(L x W x H)
|Process Connection||Supply/Drain Connection|
|HZ||½ Hp||15 gpm @ 15 PSI||27″ x 11″ x 24″||27″ x 16″ x 25″||1.25″ NPT||½″ NPT|
|HY||¾ Hp||25 gpm @ 26 PSI||27″ x 11″ x 24″||27″ x 16″ x 25″||1.25″ NPT||½″ NPT|
|HX||1 Hp||30 gpm @ 32 PSI||27″ x 11″ x 24″||27″ x 16″ x 25″||1.25″ NPT||½″ NPT|
|HR||1½ Hp||40 gpm @ 32 PSI||27″ x 11″ x 24″||27″ x 16″ x 25″||1.25″ NPT||½″ NPT|
|HW||2 Hp||50 gpm @ 32 PSI||27″ x 11″ x 24″||27″ x 16″ x 25″||1.25″ NPT||½″ NPT|
|HN||3 Hp||60 gpm @ 34 PSI||27″ x 11″ x 24″||27″ x 16″ x 25″||1.25″ NPT||½″ NPT|
Hydrotherm systems are available in a variety of voltages and capacities. Please consult Mokon for more information.
*208 and 230 voltage rated 12 kW systems are built in a 16" wide cabinet.
Multiple options may dictate a larger cabinet size.