Water Temperature Control SystemsDownload Datasheet
Mokon's water based Full Range temperature control system offers a combination heating and chilling system all in one package. A Mokon water system, combined with an Iceman chiller, integrates the benefits and features of both products into one compact, self-supporting unit. The Full Range system is available with heating capacities up to 96 kW and up to 60 Ton chilling capacities with a temperature range of -20°F to 380°F (-29°C to 193°C).
The Full Range system is ideal for the following applications:
- Jacketed vessels and reactors
- Laboratory, sanitary and chemical processes
- Multi-zone processes
- Processes requiring both heating and chilling and/or a wide variety of temperatures
- Where water supplies are not accessible
Full Range systems are available in multiple sizes, configurations, and a variety of cooling, heating and pumping capacities, along with many options and accessories. In addition, Mokon can supply custom higher temperature systems up to 600°F (315°C). Please contact Mokon for more information.
Request for Quote?
All of our products can be customized.
|Cooling Capacity1||Process Pump||Connections|
|Air-Cooled (BTU/Hr) @ 50°F (10°C)||Water-Cooled (BTU/Hr) @ 50°F (10°C)||Compressor (Hp)4||Pump (Hp)||Max Flow Rate||Minimum Pressure||Process||Condenser Water-Cooled2 (FNPT)||Tank Size (Gallons)||Approximate Dimensions (L x W x H)3||Shipping Weight (Approx lbs.)|
1. All chillers are based on chilled water at 2.4 GPM/Ton and 90°F (32°C) ambient air.
2. Water-Cooled chillers based on 85°F (29°C) condensing water at 3 GPM/Ton.
3. Water-Cooled chiller dimensions are the same or smaller than air-cooled models.
4. Scroll compressors except 1.0 Ton is Reciprocating.
Notes: Chart based on single zone with heating up to 24 kW, open circuit and 20°F to 200°F (-7°C to 93°C) fluid temperature range. Capacities will be reduced based on heating system motor Hp used. 60 Ton Air-Cooled system is a dual circuit with remote air-cooled condenser.
- Air-cooled or water-cooled condensing
- Compact, portable design
- Hermetically sealed reciprocating and scroll compressors, depending on tonnage
- Green friendly refrigerant
- Stainless steel centrifugal supply and process pumps
- Horizontally mounted stainless steel heater canister and Incoloy® sheathed heating elements
- Stainless steel flow diverter to increase fluid velocity and turbulent flow
- Highly efficient brazed plate evaporator
- Highly accurate hot gas bypass circuit
- Low/high refrigerant gauges
- Heavy-duty insulated plastic tank
- Pilot light indication
- CPR valve
- Fluid level visible from outside of cabinet
- Insulated nonferrous plumbing and components
- 1/8 DIN non-proprietary microprocessor-based controller for the chilled water loop and the heat transfer fluid process loop
- High and low refrigerant pressure switches
- Freeze stat protection
- Flow switch
- Filter dryer
- Low pressure safety shut-off switch
- Supply pump pressure gauge
- Main power door disconnect
- NEMA/Type 1 electrical enclosure
- Heavy-duty casters for portability
- Powder-coated cabinet
- cULus 508A labeled electrical subpanel
- 1 year on system
- 3 years on custom controllers
- 5 years on microprocessor controllers
Please consult factory for more information.
- Air duct flange (top)
- Air filters
- Alarms - audible and visual
- Automatic fill
- Blown fuse indication
- Communication options – Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus
- Control options - remote setpoint and re-transmission, communication ports
- Emergency stop
- Flow meters
- Heat exchangers
- Heat remover designs
- Heat transfer fluid based Full Range designs ranging from 50°F to 650°F
- Low ambient kit
- Low water level indication
- Low/high refrigerant gauges
- Modulating valves
- NEMA 4, 4X, and 12
- Oil Full Range designs ranging from 50°F to 650°F
- Other voltages, phases, frequencies
- Overhead piping kit
- Phase indicator
- Power cord
- Pressure regulators
- Process fluid purge (manual & automatic)
- Pump modifications to increase flow capacity
- Remote condenser
- Remote start/stop and control panels
- Solid state contactors/relays
- Special paint
- Stainless steel cabinet
- Strainers (process return)
- Supply and return thermometers
- Tank upgrades and modifications
- TEFC pump motor
- UL, CSA, CE and EAC certifications
- Valved process bypass
- Water filters
Features of Standard and Optional Controls
A variety of controls are available from Mokon to enhance the high performance of our systems. From solid state to microprocessor based, with communication capabilities to PLC type controls, Mokon can provide the type of control package right for your process.
Eurotherm 3208 Series
The Eurotherm 1/8 DIN microprocessor controller is operator friendly and easy-to-use. Standard features include a microprocessor PID controller for the highest accuracy in temperature control, a dual LCD display that shows set point and actual fluid temperature, and scrolling text messages that deliver plain language messages to let users know exactly what is happening to the process. There are optional controllers available, with high/low deviation alarm, remote set point and retransmission and serial communication. A five-year warranty comes standard with the controller.
Eurotherm 3200 Series Manual
Mokon's ability to meet customers' specific requirements is seen not only in custom system designs, but also in controls. Our engineers can custom design a control package that meets your specific processing needs, from brand name controls, to direct computer/host machine interfacing. All of which can be expected with the same quality and durability that our customers expect from our complete line of temperature control systems.