Iceman LT Series
Portable Chiller SystemsDownload Datasheet
Mokon's Iceman LT Series line of portable chillers are available in air-cooled and water-cooled models with up to 10 Tons chilling capacities and operating temperatures from -20 to +20°F (-29 to -7°C). They feature nonferrous components and a semi-hermetic discus compressor, providing superior energy efficiency, robust operation and easy maintenance.
Cylinder unloading/hot gas bypass used for capacity control, increasing the longevity of the compressor, is provided along with a microprocessor-based controller for extreme accuracy. The Iceman LT chillers utilize R-507 refrigerant which provides customers with an environmentally friendly option to CFCs and HCFCs. Mokon's Low Temperature Chillers are ideal for jacketed vessels, reactors, laboratory, sanitary and other industrial applications.
Request for Quote?
All of our products can be customized.
|Model(Air-Cooled)||Cooling Capacity1 (BTU/Hr) @ 0°F (-18°C)||Pump Horsepower (Hp)||Min/Max Flow Rate (GPM)||Nominal Pressure (PSI)||Process (FNPT)||Condenser Water-Cooled2 (FNPT)||Tank Size (gallons)||Approximate Dimensions (L x W x H)*||Shipping Weight (Approx. lbs.)*|
|ALT-2||28,025||2||4 / 30||Up to 35||1½″||1″||68||80″ x 40″ x 65″||850|
|ALT-3||36,765||2||7 / 40||Up to 40||1½″||1″||68||80″ x 40″ x 65″||850|
|ALT-5||57,285||3||12 / 50||Up to 50||1½″||1½″||68||80″ x 40″ x 65″||950|
|ALT-7.5||80,750||5||18 / 60||Up to 60||2″||1½″||68||80″ x 52″ x 65″||1,300|
|ALT-10||106,400||5||24 / 60||Up to 55||2″||1½″||68||80″ x 52″ x 65″||1,400|
|Model||Cooling Capacity1 (BTU/Hr) @ 0°F (-18°C)||Pump Horsepower (Hp)||Min/Max Flow Rate (GPM)||Nominal Pressure (PSI)||Process (FNPT)||Condenser Water-Cooled2 (FNPT)||Tank Size (gallons)||Approximate Dimensions (L x W x H)*||Shipping Weight (Approx. lbs.)*|
|WLT-2||29,925||2||4 / 30||Up to 35||1½″||1″||68||80″ x 40″ x 65″||850|
|WLT-3||39,140||2||7 / 40||Up to 40||1½″||1″||68||80″ x 40″ x 65″||850|
|WLT-5||60,610||3||12 / 50||Up to 50||1½″||1½″||68||80″ x 40″ x 65″||950|
|WLT-7.5||86,450||5||18 / 60||Up to 60||2″||1½″||68||80″ x 52″ x 65″||1,300|
|WLT-10||113,050||5||24 / 60||Up to 55||2″||1½″||68||80″ x 52″ x 65″||1,400|
1. All chillers are based on chilled water at 2.4 GPM/Ton and 90°F (32°C) ambient air.
2. Water-Cooled chillers based on 85°F (29°C) condensing water at 3 GPM/Ton.
* Water-Cooled chiller dimensions and weights are the same or smaller than Air-Cooled models.
Note: Capacities based on the use of 50% water/ethylene glycol mix.
- Air-cooled or water-cooled condensing
- Compact, portable design
- Semi-hermetic discus compressor
- Green friendly refrigerant
- Stainless steel centrifugal process pump
- Highly efficient brazed plate evaporator
- Cylinder unloading
- Highly accurate hot gas bypass circuit
- Low/high refrigerant gauges
- CPR valve
- Heavy-duty insulated plastic tank
- Fluid level visible from outside of cabinet
- Insulated nonferrous plumbing and components
- 1/16 DIN non-proprietary microprocessor-based controller in easily accessible panel
- High and low refrigerant pressure switches
- Freeze stat protection
- Flow switch
- Filter dryer
- Supply pump pressure gauge
- Main power door disconnect
- NEMA/Type 1 electrical enclosure
- Heavy-duty casters for portability
- Powder-coated cabinet
- cULus 508A labeled electrical subpanel
- 1 year on system
- 3 years on custom controllers
- 5 years on microprocessor controllers
Please consult factory for more information.
- Air duct flange (top)
- Air filters
- Alarms - audible and visual
- Blown fuse indication
- Control options - remote setpoint and re-transmission, communication ports
- Emergency stop
- Flow meters
- Low ambient kit
- Low water level indication
- NEMA/Type 4, 4X, 7 and 12
- Other voltages, phases, frequencies
- Overhead piping kit
- Phase indicator
- Power cord
- Process fluid purge (manual & automatic)
- Pump modifications to increase flow capacity or elimination of supply pump
- Remote condenser
- Special paint
- Strainers (process return)
- Supply and return thermometers
- Tank upgrades and modifications
- TEFC pump motor
- UL, CSA, CE and EAC certifications
- Valved process bypass
- Water filters
Features of Standard and Optional Controls
A variety of controls are available from Mokon to enhance the high performance of our systems. From solid state to microprocessor based, with communication capabilities to PLC type controls, Mokon can provide the type of control package right for your process.
Eurotherm 3216 Series
The Eurotherm 1/16 DIN (3216) microprocessor controller is operator friendly and easy-to-use. Standard features include a microprocessor controller for the highest accuracy in temperature control, a dual LCD display that shows set point and actual fluid temperature, and scrolling text messages that deliver plain language messages to let users know exactly what is happening to the process. There are optional 1/8 or 1/4 DIN controllers available, with high/low deviation alarm, remote set point and retransmission and serial communication. A five-year warranty comes standard with the controller.
Eurotherm 3216 Spec Sheet Eurotherm 3200 Series Manual
Mokon's ability to meet customers' specific requirements is seen not only in custom system designs, but also in controls. Our engineers can custom design a control package that meets your specific processing needs, from brand name controls, to direct computer/host machine interfacing. All of which can be expected with the same quality and durability that our customers expect from our complete line of temperature control systems.