Outdoor Air Cooled Chillers
Iceman Outdoor Air-Cooled Chillers are available from 1 to 60 Ton chilling capacities and in a wide range of ambient temperature designs. The outdoor chillers feature a scroll compressor, providing superior efficiency, enhanced reliability, and quieter operation. The Iceman OA Series chillers from Mokon are designed for exterior installation, freeing up valuable indoor floor space and come completely factory wired. When combined with a larger independent pump tank, they provide a highly engineered quality solution to your plant chilled water requirements.
- Air-cooled condensing
- Stationary design
- Hermetically sealed reciprocating and scroll compressors, depending on tonnage
- Green friendly refrigerant
- Stainless steel centrifugal process pump
- Highly efficient brazed plate evaporator
- Hot gas bypass circuit
- Low/high refrigerant gauges
- Heavy-duty insulated plastic reservoir with fill port
- Fluid level visible from outside of cabinet
- Insulated nonferrous plumbing and components
- Microprocessor-based controller
- Running hour meter
- High and low refrigerant pressure switches
- Reservoir freeze protection heater and thermostat
- Flow switch
- Filter dryer
- CPR valve
- Low ambient kit
- Supply pump pressure gauge
- NEMA/Type 4 Outdoor (local) enclosure with main power door disconnect and E-stop
- NEMA/Type 12 Indoor (remote) enclosure including microprocessor-based controller with safety indication and start/stop switch
- Powder coated steel cabinet with mounting feet
- cULus 508A labeled electrical
- 1 year on system
- Air filters
- Alarms – audible and visual
- Automatic fill (glycol only)
- Blown fuse indication
- Control options – RS-485 communication ports
- Flow meters
- Low water level indication
- NEMA/Type 4X enclosure and SS cabinetry
- Other voltages, phases, frequencies, ambient temperatures
- Overhead piping kit
- Phase indicator
- Process fluid purge (manual & automatic)
- Pump modifications to increase flow capacity or elimination of supply pump
- Special paint
- Strainers (process return)
- Supply and return thermometers
- Tank upgrades and modifications
- UL, CSA, CE and EAC certifications
- Valved process bypass
- Water-cooled condensing (glycol only)
- Water filters
Please consult factory for more information.
Features of Standard and Optional Controls
A variety of controls are available from Mokon to enhance the high performance of our systems. From solid state to microprocessor based, with communication capabilities to PLC type controls, Mokon can provide the type of control package right for your process.
The Dixell microprocessor-based controller is designed specifically for chiller applications. The controller provides capacity control of compressors with anti-recycle, automatic compressor lead/lag and running hour meter that logs compressor run time. The Dixell controller is compact yet extremely accurate and powerful.
Mokon's ability to meet customers’ specific requirements is seen not only in custom system designs, but also in controls. Our engineers can custom design a control package that meets your specific processing needs, from brand name controls, to direct computer/host machine interfacing. All of which can be expected with the same quality and durability that our customers expect from our complete line of temperature control systems.
Please consult factory for more information.
|Model||Cooling Capacity1 (BTU/Hr) @ 50°F (10°C)||Pump Horsepower (Hp)||Min/Max Flow Rate (GPM)||Nominal Pressure (PSI)||Process Connections (FNPT)||Tank Size (gallons)||Approximate Dimensions
(L x W x H)
|Shipping Weight (Approx. lbs.)|
|OA-12||13,580||1½||2.4/15||Up to 35||1″||15||63″ x 43″ x 69″||630|
|OA-1.52||18,333||1½||3.6/20||Up to 35||1″||15||63″ x 43″ x 69″||630|
|OA-2||22,310||1½||4.8/20||Up to 45||1″||20||63″ x 43″ x 69″||750|
|OA-3||31,331||1½||7.2/25||Up to 45||1″||20||63″ x 43″ x 69″||760|
|OA-5||53,253||1½||12/30||Up to 45||1½″||35||94″ x 59″ x 72″||865|
|OA-7||81,868||3||18/30||Up to 45||1½″||35||94″ x 59″ x 72″||1,140|
|OA-10||105,494||3||24/35||Up to 45||1½″||35||94″ x 59″ x 72″||1,160|
|OA-15||160,168||3||36/50||Up to 45||1½″||68||94″ x 59″ x 72″||1,950|
|OA-20||215,340||5||48/70||Up to 45||1½″||68||143″ x 54″ x 75″||2,150|
|OA-25||262,870||5||60/70||Up to 55||2″||100||143″ x 54″ x 75″||4,000|
|OA-30||338,409||7½||72/90||Up to 60||2″||100||143″ x 54″ x 75″||4,160|
|OA-40||426,679||7½||96/100||Up to 50||2″||100||205″ x 54″ x 75″||5,295|
|OA-50||525,740||10||120/140||Up to 65||3″||150||205″ x 54″ x 75″||5,695|
|OA-60||671,240||15||144/170||Up to 70||3″||150||205″ x 54″ x 85″||6,500|
1. All chillers are based on chilled water at 2.4 GPM/Ton and 90°F (32°C) ambient air with 30% ethylene/glycol.
2. Scroll compressors except 1 and 1.5 Ton are reciprocating.
Note: Standard outdoor ambient temperature range is -20°F to 95°F (-29°C to 35°C). Standard voltage 230 or 460 Volt, 3 Phase, 60 Hertz electrical service.