Responsible for sales application engineering providing technical assistance to assure customer satisfaction by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to formal and telephone inquiries for technical assistance.
- Determine price and deliveries for standard and custom systems.
- Interface with product line engineers for cost estimates on custom systems.
- Issue formal quotations to customer based on engineering estimates and designs.
- Assistance independent sales representatives and customers (travel required).
- Assist in development and technical requirements of new products or product changes.
- Interface with marketing and engineering to develop technical notes for selling purposes.
- Take pictures of special designs and components and generate technical notes for sales use.
- Assist with trade shows (assembly, participation, dismantle - travel required).
- Maintain updated database (customers) relative to quotation activity and pertinent customer information.
- Handle special projects as needed.
- Interface with other departments to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Regional responsibilities for representatives (including training, supporting in sales efforts and traveling regularly with representatives) to ensure sales goals are met.
Other duties may be assigned.
Education / Experience
- Technical Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with MS Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook is required.
- Technical Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Technical Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Buffalo, NY 14207: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel: 25% (Required)