Manages day-to-day sales operations and outside Manufactures Representative Organizations for the assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees responsibility and assures that that manufacture's sales representatives and internal sales personnel that may be supporting the customers in the territory, are regularly following up on quotes, correspondence, and other leads.
- Responsible for annual evaluation of each Rep Agency within their assigned territory and addressing any performance issues. This could include replacement of and hiring of new agencies.
- Development of annual forecast and sales goal/objectives for the territory. Responsible for reviewing performance and company performance on a quarterly basis.
- Travels 50% or more as necessary throughout territory to call on current and prospective customers to solicit orders and new applications. His/her focus will be on evaluating and quoting new customer requirements and bid request packages of catalog or custom product with major OEM's and industrial distributors within the assigned territory.
- Develops and remains up to-date with Mokon product knowledge enabling the ability to demonstrate, simple, and communicated salable features of products to both customers and manufactures representatives.
- Quotes pricing and lead-times based on knowledge of internal production and delivery schedules.
- Oversees as a facilitator (project manager), between customer, rep, and internal departments, for all applications arising in his/her assigned territory.
- Prepares and distributes travel reports for business transactions/contacts and submits related expense reports on monthly basis.
- Provides in-depth training to new Reps.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OEM sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Ability to commute/relocate
Buffalo, NY 14207: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Willingness to travel: 50% (Preferred)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance