Responsible for implementing and maintaining the company Quality Management System (QMS) and Quality Policy in support of internal and external customer requirements. Performs incoming, in process, and final inspections. Collects and analyzes data and maintains accurate company records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with the QMS, applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, and reports any nonconformance or potential nonconformance to supervision or management.
- Performs in-process and final inspections of Mokon units and documents results.
- Performs inspection of purchased components and assemblies and documents results.
- Maintains quality objectives and coordinates with production management to maximize product conformance and reliability.
- Collects and analyzes data in support of company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintains applicable logs such as the Discrepant Material and Corrective and Preventive Action logs.
- Assists in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Writes, revises, checks documents and reports related to the QMS.
- Prepares for and conducts internal audits of the QMS.
- Assists in preparing for external audits of the QMS.
- Interfaces with external suppliers and customers when required.
- Assists in responding to customer complaints and corrective action requests.
- Assists in responding to customer questionnaires related to the QMS.
- Communicates nonconformances of purchased material, and requests for corrective action, to external suppliers.
- Communicates relevant quality information to all company employees.
- Participates in various projects and meetings as a representative of the Quality department.
- Complies with the company Environmental Policy Manual, applicable Work Instructions and reports any environmental nonconformance or potential nonconformance to supervision or management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
Two or more years of related experience and/or training or a Two or four-year technical college degree.
Quality inspector: 2 years (Preferred)
Ability to commute/relocate
Buffalo, NY 14207: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Remotely: No
Schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance