Implements the company Quality Management System (QMS) and Quality Policy in support of internal and external customer requirements. Performs inspections and determines acceptability of product. Collects and analyzes data and maintains accurate company records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with the QMS, applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, and reports any nonconformance or potential nonconformance to supervision or management.
- Maintains quality objectives and coordinates with Production management to maximize product conformance and reliability.
- Serves as the alternate Quality Representative for the quality system.
- Writes, revises, and checks documents and reports related to the QMS.
- Assists in preparing for external audits of the QMS.
- Prepares for and conducts internal audits of the QMS.
- Assists in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with customers and external suppliers when required.
- Assists in responding to customer complaints and corrective action requests.
- Assists in responding to customer questionnaires relating to the QMS.
- Assists in performing supplier quality functions such as on-site audits, supplier performance appraisals, receiving inspection, etc.
- Performs inspection of purchased components and assemblies, and documents results.
- Communicates nonconformances of purchased material, and requests for corrective action, to external suppliers.
- Maintains applicable logs such as the Discrepant Material and Corrective and Preventive Action logs.
- Performs in-process and final inspections of Mokon units and documents results.
- Collects and analyzes data in support of company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Participates in various projects and meetings to act as a representative of the Quality department.
- Communicates relevant quality information to all company employees.
- Works with Sales and Engineering to confirm drawings and product designs are accurate.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- One to two years related experience and/or training, or a two or four-year technical college degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ISO 9001: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality control: 1 year (Preferred)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week