Responsible for the generation of flow, electrical, assembly and other related drawings relative to specific model systems. These drawings are generated from sketches, markups or from option code descriptions. Additionally assists other departments within Sales and production assisting in various projects and administrative duties. Candidate MUST be located in Buffalo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate new complete and accurate working drawings (schematics) for production on AutoCAD and under the direction of product line engineers.
- Generate accurate working Solid modeled fabrication and layout drawings in Solid Works and under the direction of product line engineers.
- Maintain drawing revisions based on production and customer changes to existing orders.
- Customize Auto CAD for windows "directories" or blocks for drawings (systems options).
- Act as back up to design drafting for the supply of shop prints for production use & purchasing with list of required supplies for drafting department.
- Update of production board tags for the completion of drafting work for production purposes.
- Maintain drawing number file in Navision for all systems. Which includes the update of pertinent information on the item/BOM cards.
- Generate drawings for "project" work relative to all product lines and company in general. (Drafting services to all departments).
- Creation and maintenance of Quality control sheets, job tags, serial tags and UL label documentation for production purposes and updates in Navision.
- Responsible for implementing changes/updates to product line user manuals.
- Plot/print drawings when required for production and user's manual purposes.
- Has a thorough knowledge of CAD and standard drafting practices.
- Complete assigned departmental projects.
- Review of job sheets for new system orders and to determine status of drawing function, ready sheet for assigning to drafting personnel for drawing completion.
- Identify, log, assign and or complete approval drawing orders
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to commute/relocate
Buffalo, NY 14207: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance