Iceman LT Series
Portable Chiller SystemsDownload Datasheet
Mokon's Iceman LT Series line of portable chillers are available in air-cooled and water-cooled models with up to 12 Tons nominal chilling capacities and operating temperatures from -20 to +20°F (-29 to -7°C). They feature nonferrous components and a semi-hermetic discus compressor, providing superior energy efficiency, robust operation and easy maintenance.
Cylinder unloading/hot gas bypass used for capacity control, increasing the longevity of the compressor, is provided along with a microprocessor-based controller for extreme accuracy. The Iceman LT chillers utilize R-507 refrigerant which provides customers with an environmentally friendly option to CFCs and HCFCs. Mokon's Low Temperature Chillers are ideal for jacketed vessels, reactors, laboratory, sanitary and other industrial applications.
Request for Quote?
All of our products can be customized.
|Model(Air-Cooled)||Cooling Capacity (BTU/hr) ▪ Fluid Temp -20°F (-29°C)||Cooling Capacity (BTU/hr) ▪ Fluid Temp 20°F (-7°C)||Pump (Hp)||Min / Max Flow Rate (GPM)||Nominal Pressure (PSI)||Process Connection (FNPT)||Tank Size (gallons)||Approximate Dimensions (L x W x H)||Approximate Shipping Weight (lbs.) ▴|
|ALT-2||12,635||38,095||2||4 / 30||Up to 35||1-1/2"||68||80" x 40" x 65"||850|
|ALT-3||17,480||50,065||2||7 / 40||Up to 40||1-1/2"||68||80" x 40" x 65"||850|
|ALT-5||27,170||77,235||3||12 / 50||Up to 50||1-1/2"||68||80" x 40" x 65"||950|
|ALT-7.5||38,950||107,350||5||18 / 60||Up to 60||2"||68||80" x 52" x 65"||1,300|
|ALT-10||48,925||141,550||5||24 / 60||Up to 55||2"||68||80" x 52" x 65"||1,400|
|Model(Water-Cooled)||Cooling Capacity (BTU/hr) ◆ Fluid Temp -20°F (-29°C)||Cooling Capacity (BTU/hr) ◆ Fluid Temp 20°F (-7°C)||Pump (Hp)||Min / Max Flow Rate (GPM)||Nominal Pressure (PSI)||Process Connection (FNPT)||Condenser Connections (FNPT)||Tank Size (gallons)||Approximate Dimensions (L x W x H)||Approximate Shipping Weight (lbs.) ▴|
|WLT-2||13,870||40,565||2||4 / 30||Up to 35||1-1/2"||1"||68||80" x 40" x 65"||850|
|WLT-3||19,000||52,915||2||7 / 40||Up to 40||1-1/2"||1"||68||80" x 40" x 65"||850|
|WLT-5||29,830||81,985||3||12 / 50||Up to 50||1-1/2"||1-1/2"||68||80" x 40" x 65"||950|
|WLT-7.5||42,750||114,950||5||18 / 60||Up to 60||2"||1-1/2"||68||80" x 52" x 65"||1,300|
|WLT-10||53,675||150,100||5||24 / 60||Up to 55||2"||1-1/2"||68||80" x 52" x 65"||1,400|
▪ Air-cooled based on -20 to +20°F chilled water at 2.4 GPM/Ton and 90°F ambient air.
◆ Water-cooled based on -20 to +20°F chilled water at 3 GPM/Ton and 85°F condensing water.
▴ Additional features, options or modifications may alter the dimensions, shape and weight of system.
Standard compressor is semi-hermetic discus type.
1 Ton = 12,000 BTUs per hour / 1 kW = 1000 Watt = 3,412 BTU
Capacities based on the use of 50% water/ethylene glycol mix.
Iceman LT Chillers are available in a variety of voltages, capacities, and process fluid temperatures. Please contact Mokon for more information.
- Non-proprietary microprocessor-based controller mounted in operator-friendly orientation
- NEMA rated electrical enclosure with safety door disconnect switch
- Semi-hermetic discus compressor
- Cylinder unloading/hot gas bypass circuit
- Air-cooled condenser (shown) or water-cooled condenser
- Highly efficient brazed plate evaporator
- Insulated nonferrous plumbing and components (shown without insulation)
- Stainless steel centrifugal supply pump
- Heavy-duty insulated plastic tank
- NFPA 79 electrical safety standards
- UL 508A labeled electrical sub-panel
- Easy-to-access control panel
- Durable, powder coated cabinetry
- 1 year on system
- 1 year on solid state controllers
- 3 years on custom controllers
- 5 years on microprocessor controllers and safeties
Please consult factory for more information.
- Air filters
- Alarms - audible and visual
- Auto fill
- Blown fuse indication
- Control options - remote setpoint and re-transmission, communication ports, and much more
- Low water level indication
- Other voltages, phases, frequencies
- Overhead piping kit
- Phase indicator
- Power cord
- Process purge (manual & automatic)
- Pump modifications to increase flow capacity or elimination of supply pump
- Remote condenser
- Special paint
- Tank upgrades and modifications
- Valved process bypass
- Water filters
Features of Standard and Optional Controls
A variety of controls are available from Mokon to enhance the high performance of our systems. From solid state to microprocessor based, with communication capabilities to PLC type controls, Mokon can provide the type of control package right for your process.
Eurotherm 3216 Series
The Eurotherm 1/16 DIN (3216) microprocessor controller is operator friendly and easy-to-use. Standard features include a microprocessor controller for the highest accuracy in temperature control, a dual LCD display that shows set point and actual fluid temperature, and scrolling text messages that deliver plain language messages to let users know exactly what is happening to the process. There are optional 1/8 or 1/4 DIN controllers available, with high/low deviation alarm, remote set point and retransmission and serial communication. A five-year warranty comes standard with the controller.
Eurotherm 3216 Spec Sheet Eurotherm 3200 Series Manual
Mokon's ability to meet customers' specific requirements is seen not only in custom system designs, but also in controls. Our engineers can custom design a control package that meets your specific processing needs, from brand name controls, to direct computer/host machine interfacing. All of which can be expected with the same quality and durability that our customers expect from our complete line of temperature control systems.