For over 60 years, Mokon has continued to adapt to the evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our strong commitment to quality and safety is shown in the design, capabilities, and engineering expertise built into every product Mokon manufactures. With a thorough understanding of the marketplace, we work with our customers to offer the highest quality systems and personalized products. Every Mokon is designed to perform and built to last!
In 2005, Mokon obtained 508A Panel Listing for use in Canada and the USA in accordance with the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70. Certification was obtained after an extensive evaluation of its drawings, supporting documentation, testing procedures and test results. In 2010, Mokon extended its industrial panel and assembly certification to include Class 1, Division 1 and II Hazardous locations.
- UL 508A Certification - Open and Enclosed types
- UL 698A NRBx Certification - Intrinsically Safe designs
- UL NNNY Certification - Hazardous Location designs
- NEMA Classifications: 1, 3, 4, 4X, 7 and 12 rated enclosures
- Explosion proof “X” and “Z” purge systems
In 2001, Mokon’s Water, Oil and Chiller Systems were third party evaluated and the company commenced designing and selling equipment to comply with EU Directives. The CE mark verifies that the product complies with the relevant essential requirements (health, safety and environment) so that it can be sold throughout the European Economic Area.
- WEEE — Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- RoHS — Restriction of Hazardous Substances
- REACh — Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
- Battery — Waste of Batteries and accumulators
- Packaging — Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive
- PED — Pressure Equipment Directive
- EMC — Electromagnetic Compatibility
- LVD — Low Voltage Directive
- MD — Machinery Directive
Mokon’s Quality Management System has been evaluated and certified to meet national and international standards for quality. The scope of Mokon’s registration is associated to all aspects of its processes relating to the design, development, manufacturing, and service of standard and custom systems.
Mokon’s facility is certified to a globally recognized standard that requires the organization to identify, monitor, control and communicate environmental performance to minimize impacts and establish a formal process to continually improve its environmental management system.
Mokon designs, manufactures and tests products to meet NFPA 70, the National Electrical Code (NEC), and NFPA 79, Electrical Safety Standard for Industrial Machinery, and in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Mokon recently upgraded its manufacturing facility and is utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodology. Our collective team effort set out to improve performance by removing waste and minimizing defects, inventory, non-productive motion and processing and downtime.