Iceman SM Series
Portable Chiller SystemsDownload Datasheet
Mokon's high-efficiency Iceman SM Series modulating portable chillers are available in air-cooled and water-cooled condensing models utilizing Copeland's digital scroll compressors. This scroll compressor design is capable of providing variable capacity output from 10% to 100%. A controlled amount of discharge gas is bypassed for a varying amount of time, resulting in a reduction of compressor output that conserves energy while maintaining temperature stability.
The scroll compressor operates in one of two phases, depending on load demand requirements: Loaded Phase - The bypass solenoid valve is closed and the compressor operates like a standard scroll and delivers full capacity. Unloaded Phase - The bypass solenoid valve is opened, resulting in minimal or no capacity through the compressor. Reduced compression in the unloaded phase consumes significantly less energy when compared to traditional portable chillers that use hot gas bypass for capacity modulation.
Request for Quote?
All of our products can be customized.
|Model(Air-Cooled)||Cooling Capacity Tons ▪ 50°F Fluid Temp||Cooling Capacity Tons ▪ 65°F Fluid Temp||Pump Horsepower (Hp)||Min / Max Flow Rate (GPM)||Nominal Pressure (PSI)||Process Connection (FNPT)||Tank Size (gallons)||Approximate Dimensions (L x W x H)||Approximate Shipping Weight (lbs.)|
|ASM-5||4.9||6.8||1||12 / 30||Up to 37||1 1/2"||20||58" x 37" x 45"||665|
|ASM-10||9.6||13.6||1.5||24 / 35||Up to 37||1 1/2"||20||58" x 37" x 45"||960|
|ASM-15||12.2||16.9||3||36 / 50||Up to 55||1 1/2"||68||80" x 52" x 65"||1,765|
|Model(Water-Cooled)||Cooling Capacity Tons ◆ 50°F Fluid Temp||Cooling Capacity Tons ◆ 65°F Fluid Temp||Pump Horsepower (Hp)||Min / Max Flow Rate (GPM)||Nominal Pressure (PSI)||Process Connection (FNPT)||Condenser Connections (FNPT)||Tank Size (gallons)||Approximate Dimensions (L x W x H)||Approximate Shipping Weight (lbs.)|
|WSM-5||5.0||7.0||1||12 / 30||Up to 37||1 1/2"||1"||20||50" x 28" x 39"||615|
|WSM-10||9.9||14.0||1.5||24 / 35||Up to 37||1 1/2"||1 1/2"||20||58" x 37" x 45"||910|
|WSM-15||12.6||17.3||3||36 / 50||Up to 55||1 1/2"||1 1/2"||68||80" x 52" x 65"||1,715|
▪ Air-cooled based on 50°F and 65°F chilled water at 2.4 GPM/Ton and 90°F ambient air.
◆ Water-cooled based on 50°F and 65°F chilled water at 3 GPM/Ton and 85°F condensing water.
Standard compressor is scroll type.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fluid temperature range is 20 to 65°F for scroll compressors. Fluid range up to 75°F is available as an option.
1 Ton = 12,000 BTUs per hour / 1 kW = 1000 Watt = 3,412 BTU
Iceman SM Chillers are available in a variety of voltages, capacities, and process fluid temperatures. Heating circuits are also available.
- Non-proprietary microprocessor-based controller mounted in operator-friendly orientation
- NEMA rated electrical enclosure with safety door disconnect switch
- Copeland digital scroll compressor
- Stainless steel centrifugal supply pump
- Insulated nonferrous plumbing and components
- Heavy-duty insulated plastic tank
- Highly efficient brazed plate evaporator
- Air-cooled condenser (shown) or water-cooled condenser
- NFPA 79 electrical safety standards
- UL 508A labeled electrical sub-panel
- R-407C green friendly refrigerant
- Durable, powder coated cabinetry
- 1 year on system
- 1 year on solid state controllers
- 3 years on custom controllers
- 5 years on microprocessor controllers and safeties
Please consult factory for more information.
- Air duct flange (top)
- Alarms - audible and visual
- Auto fill
- Blown fuse indication
- Control options - remote setpoint and re-transmission, communication ports, and much more
- CPR valve
- Flow meters
- Low water level indication
- Low/High refrigerant gauges
- Other voltages, phases, frequencies
- Overhead piping kit
- Phase indicator
- Power cord
- Process purge (manual & automatic)
- Pump modifications to increase flow capacity or elimination of supply pump
- Remote condenser
- Special paint
- Strainers (process return)
- Supply and return thermometers
- Tank upgrades and modifications
- TEFC pump motor
- Valved process bypass
Features of Standard and Optional Controls
A variety of controls are available from Mokon to enhance the high performance of our systems. From solid state to microprocessor based, with communication capabilities to PLC type controls, Mokon can provide the type of control package right for your process.
Eurotherm 3208 Series
The Eurotherm 1/8 DIN microprocessor controller is operator friendly and easy-to-use. Standard features include a microprocessor PID controller for the highest accuracy in temperature control, a dual LCD display that shows set point and actual fluid temperature, and scrolling text messages that deliver plain language messages to let users know exactly what is happening to the process. There are optional controllers available, with high/low deviation alarm, remote set point and retransmission and serial communication. A five-year warranty comes standard with the controller.
Eurotherm 3200 Series Manual
Mokon’s ability to meet customers’ specific requirements is seen not only in custom system designs, but also in controls. Our engineers can custom design a control package that meets your specific processing needs, from brand name controls, to direct computer/host machine interfacing. All of which can be expected with the same quality and durability that our customers expect from our complete line of temperature control systems.