Designs and develops drawings for component parts, complete system layouts for production use, internal orders, fabrication purposes, new orders and quotations including product management for engineering functions, supporting shop floor production, and sales/marketing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the production department by solving bill of equipment discrepancies.
- Create all bills of equipment, kits etc. for all systems related to assigned products.
- Review option code descriptions for new unit orders and submit revisions as needed for unit orders assigned.
- Create UL Sub panel labels for unit orders assigned.
- Obtain technical cut sheets for the development of drawings.
- Create drawings for assigned unit orders.
- Maintain access tables for applicable product/projects responsibilities.
- Provides approval for deviations from build documentation on the production floor (drawings, schematics, BOM's) etc.
- Support the sales department for request for quotations including research of specialty features, layouts and pricing so that system can be quoted.
- Support the materials department by reviewing and implementing part transaction updates to released orders prior to job “closeout.” This includes making appropriate adjustments (updates) to BOM's for these production transactions.
- Supply serial tag & UL tag specifics for assigned products.
- Provide technical support to customers and representatives.
- Support purchasing in the evaluation and selection of new components, component upgrade and substitutions for assigned products.
- Gather/research any information required for the generation of new parts (#'s) for purchasing department, including entering and maintaining part master information.
- Create and maintain component part drawing library of parts used for system designs in Solid Works.
- Work with product line engineers to design concepts to complete “finished” design drawings.
- Maintain drawing revisions in Solid Works and AutoCAD.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Technical program from four-year College or University; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Buffalo, NY 14207: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work